what is the purpose of life

After finishing school, I started an apprenticeship in IT. The company I worked for programmed software for garbage trucks. After my first year, I went on a three week mission trip to Japan with my best friend. I remember us staying up one night until 3am, diving deep into a conversation about the purpose of our lives. Compared to our work in Japan, writing computer software to collect trash more effectively didn’t leave me feeling like I was actually making a difference in peoples lives.
When I got back home, I decided to quit my apprenticeship and to work in missions full time. When I first joined Youth With a Mission, I thought the only purposeful thing was to share about God. To preach the gospel, teach biblical values, and disciple. But throughout my 10 years here, I learned that it is so much more than that.

I have learned that there are three categories of purpose:
  • Our Universal Purpose: Everyone is called to ‘love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind’ and to ‘love your neighbour as yourself’. (Mt. 22:37-39)
  • Our Corporate Purpose: The particular way a family, team, community or organisation is called to serve God. The God-given vision or goal of a group of people. (Eph. 4:3-6)
  • Our Individual Purpose: Using our personal talents, skills, experience, and gifts to serve God through loving people and making this world a better place (Mt. 25:14:30, Phil. 2:13, Heb. 13:20-21)

Let the message of Christ dwell among you richly as you teach and admonish one another with all wisdom through psalms, hymns, and songs from the Spirit, singing to God with gratitude in your hearts. And whatever you do, whether in word or deed, do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him. – Colossians 3:16-17
God is the one who gives purpose. Let God be part of whatever you are doing. If God is part of your life, then your life will have purpose. Personally, I am passionate about film-making. I love how this medium has the ability to stir up emotion and challenge people to ask difficult questions. So, as long as God is in it, I will continue to pursue this vocation and do it to the best of my ability for the glory of Him.
What are you passionate about?

Image result for man thinking

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lord's Chosen Pastor Forcefully Collects Guns From Armed Robbers In Rivers (Photos)

Wholesale marketing

Man Escapes With Arrow In His Back After Attack By Fulani Men (Graphic Photos)