The Power of Giving:(part II)

The Power of Giving – The Secret of an Abundant Life
~ Mahatma Gandhi
Want to receive more? Then give more. It’s that simple.
– Kahlil Gibran
~ Anthony Robbins
x




On a recent retreat in Ecuador I had the privilege of witnessing a moving example of unconditional giving and most beautifully unconditional receiving. This was an act between two shaman, the one giving the other a treasured possession and the other receiving it with joy.
The details of what was given and how it all went down matter less than the deep impact it had on me and the gift of reminding me how confused we often get about the acts of giving and receiving and the role they play in living abundantly and yes – achieving financial freedom.
Giving is one of the most powerful principles of all time.  I’m sure you’ve heard about it. It’s not new.
But do you actually do it? If you do give, do you do it in a big way, in a loving and trusting way, and without strings attached and expectations of some sort of trade? I used to resist giving, too. If I gave at all, it was a tiny amount. It took me a long time to realize that my not giving, or not giving freely, was sending messages to my mind such as “There isn’t enough,” “I won’t get any more,” “I might need this for an emergency,” “I feel safer with this in my pocket,” and so it goes. All fear based thoughts. All self-fulfiling prophecies.
Guess what? The more you hold on to that old limited thinking, the harder it really is to attract money and have it stay in your life. Your scarcity mindset simply won’t let it in.
“The best way to find yourself is to lose yourself in the service of others.”
What can you do about that?
The marketer Dan Kennedy said – “The window you receive through is made bigger by the window you give through.”
But beware. There’s a lot of self-sabotage in this area.
I my own wealth studies, I kept coming across the power of giving and why it is some important to give but I still resisted. I understood the concept but I still made excuses.
I told myself that when I had reached a certain net worth, I would give. When I had “enough” income coming in then I would be in a position to contribute financially.
This kind of outlook never allows someone to give. This is because of our complex human nature which drives us us to seek for more, no matter what we may already have. The urge to get more never ends.Giving is a wealth habit and like all the other wealth habits I teach you must practice them  to become wealthy not once your there. If you think you will suddenly find giving a percentage of what you make easier when you have loads, think again. You must start with what ever you have.
Another excuse I’ve heard is this:
“The company I work for gives some of their profits to charities, so I am giving through them.”
No, you’re not. Giving is when you give directly; when it comes out of your pocket.
And this, “I can’t afford to give money, so I give time and services gratis.”
That’s a type of giving and giving of yourself and your time is awesome. But, if you are wanting to increase your wealth it’s money you need to give.
I’ve also heard people say, “I’d give if I knew where to give.”
There is absolutely no shortage of opportunities to give. Give wherever you receive spiritual nourishment or where you get inspiration or to a cause you believe in. You know who inspired you today. You can be on the alert for who inspires you tomorrow. Just give.
And this one, “I feel uneasy giving money. I don’t know what they’ll do with it.”
Giving isn’t about needing to control what happens to the gift. The shamen wasn’t giving the gift with a whole bunch of instruction about what the other needed to do with it. Bob Proctor once said, “They can burn the money as far as I care.” Once you give it, it’s no longer yours. Let go. Trust.
When I first started giving money, I felt uncomfortable. I was leaving my comfort zone and pushing all my security boundaries. I was stretching limiting beliefs about there being enough until they finally snapped and dissolved. At that point, I started to receive money is a significantly bigger way.
Some might argue that I can give because I’m now wealthy, but that would be overlooking the fact that I got wealthy by giving in the first place.
I got wealthy by giving. I got wealthy by giving my all, by giving massive value in everything I do, by giving my money the attention and nurturing environment it needs to expand and grow and serve me and I got wealthy by giving and trusting that there is enough, that more will always flow in and that there is always enough to give.
“There are those who give with joy, and that joy is their reward.” 
Giving is one of the most heart-expanding and exhilarating feelings. Being able to give drives me to create more, earn more, and make m money work harder.
You and I know one of the greatest money-attracting and life-enhancing secrets of all time: giving. And yes, you can get rich giving.
But the only way to find out if this really works is to actually go do it.
“Life is a gift, and it offers us the privilege, opportunity, and responsibility to give something back by becoming more.” 
One of the amazing charities we support is charity:water
If you haven’t heard of charity: water, be prepared to be inspired.  
charity:water is an amazing nonprofit transforming people’s lives through one of the most vital elements of life – WATER.
charity:water brings clean and safe drinking water to people in need around the world, improving health, education, and opportunity – especially for women who’s “job” it is to trek for miles every day, lugging water to villages. Thanks to charity:water – millions of women and girls are freed from this ‘water’ slavery enabling them to have significantly better quality lives which in turn allows all of us to benefit from their real value being brought into the world..

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lord's Chosen Pastor Forcefully Collects Guns From Armed Robbers In Rivers (Photos)

Wholesale marketing

Man Escapes With Arrow In His Back After Attack By Fulani Men (Graphic Photos)